1. Stop fantasising: Those with too rosy a picture of the future tend to put less effort into reaching their goals. Instead, it’s better to be open to some things going wrong. It will help you see the obstacles - and think through beating them.
2. Visualise process NOT outcome: If you can think through all the steps you will forge a better plan … and it will also help reduce anxiety.
3. Be committed: You won’t achieve anything without getting started; and you won’t ever finish if you give up easily.
4. Beware of the “what-the-hell effect”: Too many just give up when they stumble or fall down. For example, think of all the dieters who binge at the first hurdle. It’s better to get up – and see a trip as very normal. It’s happens to us all – so don’t abandon your plan.
5. Attack procrastination: It’s easy to procrastinate when getting going’s tough. Make a start, keep your head down, and set yourself some deadlines. Once you start you’ll feel much better and the road won’t seem so hard.
6. Switch out of robot mode: A lot of behaviour is robotic and habitual. We copy other people or we do “the same old, same old”. Take stock … and change those patterns … if they don’t lead to your goals.
7. Know when enough is enough: Sometimes we also need to know when there’s no point going on. We’re flogging a dead horse and thing are never going to change. It’s time to alter your direction or to work on something else.
I totally need this! Given that I’m slowly, ever so slowy, trying to lessen computer use (no thanks to bro who has been very very very interesting during our jams < 3), and get serious on my exams, given that I only have about half a year until my national exams start. YES I CAN DO THIS; I WILL WORK ON IT.
I feel quite motivated to start something now; so I will just plan my study schedule and strategy and come back later for some Tumblrin’.22 June [Friday] ● 11 months ago ● 1283 Virulent Postings
[SOUP-CAN TAGS] OH NO SUDDENLY MY LIFE FEELS LIKE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, but also a sense of dread is hiding behind a corner, personal,
- learningkiosk reblogged this from psych-facts
- h03shit reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- manicpicksiedreamgirl likes this
- novelhabits reblogged this from psych-facts
- lazyfuckwithafitblog reblogged this from emptyteapot
- idealparallel reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- derpysimi likes this
- derpysimi reblogged this from emptyteapot
- emptyteapot reblogged this from naranda
- noshadesingray likes this
- smittygirl likes this
- chocolateufo reblogged this from psych-facts
- liv-manos likes this
- hootwonder reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- nomorethanafleetingimpression likes this
- crashinmyimagination likes this
- modern-twang-princess reblogged this from psych-facts
- deansdicksuckinglips reblogged this from naranda
- icantsaythatido likes this
- sunstroke-art reblogged this from wibblywobblytime-ywimey
- sunstroke-art likes this
- thestarsteeth reblogged this from naranda
- techalycat reblogged this from naranda
- grayescale likes this
- agirlwithsubstance likes this
- jiji-is-a-bunny reblogged this from sauntering-vaguely-downwards
- marshmallowparasol likes this
- anna-mator likes this
- tophattimelady likes this
- enochiandicking likes this
- typefettinge reblogged this from sauntering-vaguely-downwards
- ssiinnss likes this
- sauntering-vaguely-downwards reblogged this from naranda
- wibblywobblytime-ywimey reblogged this from naranda
- haytham-sama reblogged this from naranda
- haytham-sama likes this
- emptyteapot likes this
- bluspies likes this
- naranda reblogged this from s-854
- naranda likes this
- s-854 reblogged this from nomorebutt
- pocketsizedhappiness reblogged this from psych-facts and added:
- teatime-smash likes this
- itscharissa reblogged this from onlinecounsellingcollege
- fafafaaa likes this
- farheenlikesunicorns reblogged this from psych-facts
- thewintersoulja likes this